rpm spec - Are RPM change logs about the RPM or the software it contains? -


I am currently playing with RPM and using the % changelog section . When a software update is applied, then I update the version and add that the changes I made in the change log section in my efforts to continue my understanding of the RPM SPEC file, I said stumble on the site Ditch:

% changelog: Changes to the package. Use the format format after this Do not change the software's changelog here. This changelog is only for RPM.

Am I misusing the% change section? Should it contain information related to changes in sections such as% PRP or% install, rather than install content related to change log information ()? I am convinced that the material can follow the guidelines for the target RPM, but I want to confirm this perception. It does not specify the type of content required.

The answer seems (from example on that wiki page) and one of the few packages on my CentOS 5 system Quick check, this is for a change in packaging, which means that the underlying software may change (if the package was made to include upstream patch to fix a bug or something else) but it has full upstream The channel is not included.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -