geo - Algorithm to search area on planet -


I have some place defined on earth. I have geographical coordinates of each of them I need to show them at a specific distance. I have got the exact distance calculation algorithm but it takes time. In this way I want to filter those which are not enough and I'm stacking it with

I was trying to use algorithms but it does not work with geographical coordinates. Will I translate them into geographical coordinates - can not I lose the idea of ​​precision and problem of calculation? Maybe there is another algorithm for that matter (i.e. packing shapes in circles with specified center point and radius)

Thanks in advance for any word of comment.

Spatially enabled database all the functionality you are describing is encapsulated. What you need to do is store your shapes in the form of a geographical data type in a table, create an index on that column, and then search by distance.

The most popular databases offer spatial features, including MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -