jquery - this reference in JavaScript -


Today I was writing some basic stuff of Java script, while I had to face the problem. Although I was able to solve this problem, but the reason was not known why this was not working. Here is my code

  $ ('document'). Ready (function () {$ (this) .click (function () {var node1 = $ (this); a = node1 text (); console.log (a);});});  

In this console I see the empty string. But if I change $ (this) .click (function {...}) from $ ('. Some_class_name'). Click (function {.....}); works fine in comparison to my code and I display the text value of the button that was clicked. I want to know what is wrong with the above code.

You should find it, use to get the text inside the clicked element E.target which exists inside the document.

  $ ('document'). Ready (function () {$ (this). Click (function (e) {var node 1 = $ (e.target); var a = node1.text (); console.log (a);});} );  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -