cron - How to save the file after typing "crontab -e" -


I open the file in the terminal via crontab -e and now I want to save it . I have tried many things, like : wq or Ctrl-X , but it did not save the file. How can I do this?

crontab-A command is your default editor, which is one of the following :

  • $ visual command specified by the environment variable (if it is set); Or
  • the order specified by $ EDITOR ; Or
  • / usr / bin / editor

The latter is a symbolic link for some editors. On Linux, the default appears on the nano .

If it is the nano , then there should be a 2-line menu at the bottom of the screen. Type Ctrl-X to exit; If you have modified the file, you will ask if you want to save it.

If you have a favorite editor, you should set both $ visual and $ editor to the order used to implement it For example, I have:

  exported EDITOR = vi export view = $ EDITOR  

My $ HOME / .bash_profile In .

This system that I am using, applies to a recent Linux system with Vixie Cron implementation. If your system is quite different, then all this is not necessary.

Man Crontab should explain how the crontab command works, if not, then there is documentation too.

(By coincidence, I place my code in a separate file under my home directory, which holds it in a source control system, allowing me to keep track of changes and return to work. If the version gives me something wrong, with the crontab -e , making mistakes is easy and it is difficult to recover from them.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -