performance - Standard Practice for Image Storage -


I am in the process of developing a very complex web application, it stores many images because some users upload them, And then those pictures are given to other users after a lot of logic.

Unfortunately, load times are absolutely awesome, and I've never come to a technical problem beforehand to deal with me.

Effectively What is the correct flow to give high quality pictures in small amounts of time?

My understanding is as follows, and I'm curious how far I am:

  1. Upload an image in a user-quality AXB pixels Does.

  2. We store the image in the highest quality AXB pixels

  3. When we retrieve the images, then We distribute low quality images so that thumbnails / spreads can be used to reduce the amount of data that is loaded just when loading the DOM.

Things I can not understand - Do we save copies of images in low quality? Are these images converted to the same file type so that reducing image quality (such as JPG 90%) is a simple, reusable function?

Just curious what the flow is, and where there is logic, decrease the load time, thank you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -