linux - How to make hg serve drop root priveleges after launch? -


I have an HG repository on one of my computers. Sometimes I develop on this machine, for the second time I I use my laptop.

The problem is that I should be root for "HG service" to open network ports. When I suppress a change from my laptop which creates a new file, then it is owned by the root. And the next time I want to do something while working on a computer, I do not have permission for some files. I can

  sudo hg commit  

but it just seems excessive and annoying.

Is there a way to launch "Hg Service", has it opened the network port, then can you add root privations to the files while adding?

will not leave these privileges if you are running a repo for you only, then you will get the hg service should use the SSH: // URL and reduce the hassle of running on the server itself. If you are running it against you only, then you should hear nginx or apache on port 443 (or 80) Should and proxies of the production-grade container such as those with higher numbers Gnocorn listing at the port.

to hg help service :

  You can use it for browsing ad hoc sharing and repository. It is recommended to use a real web server to serve a repository for the period  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -