cakePHP session not storing password -


My concern is that when I login using the at-> login () method, then about user All data is stored session but not password I wonder if this is normal? And how can I specifically select what field I want to store in session when I enter?

said in the comment: The storage password in the sessions is not secure, and any reason to do so Should not be .

Actually, do not do that. do not .

Let's enter fantasy world. If the athent component saves passwords in session, then he has two possibilities to do this: Save it as plain text, or save it lightly and salty

Scenario A:
It is your forehead Writing your password, taking a selfie, and posting on Facebook (or the next new social network) will be similar. Anyone who sees your session (this can be done) will have your plain text password and if the user uses the same password for everything ... yay free Amazon shopping!

Scenario two:
It is "safe" in a way that is not plain text. But the safest thing? If you know the final product, it is easy to decrypt something by means of brute force, if I know that a plain password is "12345" head and salt and "i8g04 ", And I have the same job for many other users, so what can I eventually use the salt and how to do it" finally "probably means 2 ^ 58 instead of 2 ^ 58 bruteIt tries to force it very little time and processing (according to Google 1.4411519 A + 17) then ... no, it is better not to do it

And how you specifically You can choose which session I want to log in to session

I do not know how to do this, there is only one optional parameter in login That's why there is no choice ... to add functionality to enhance the body content. Spun If you want ... but if you want to do something specific, so maybe you explain your reasons to us and we will advise you how to do it.

PD: I repeat, do not store passwords in sessions .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -