javascript - Firefox SDK access preferences from content script -


About

I work on Firefox add-on using Firefox add-ons SDK I am here. The add-on site will be unique and will hide some elements based on user preferences.

I have already made this add-on a few years ago, but the new SDK works a little differently with things.


code

Because the add-on is a site specific and I need to modify the content of the site I ' PageMod < / B> 'use the module

[ main. JS ]

  PageMode Pagemode ({include: "* .ipvisie.com", content script file: [data.url ('jquery-1.11.1.min.js'), data.equal ('script.js')]});  

This works great, jQuery is implemented and I can add javascript from script.js and

I ' package.json < / B> 'And this works great I can get it from' main.js '


problem

My problem is that content script '

How can I access existing preferences in my content script' script.js '?


Tried the endeavor

Effort 1
The attempt that I made was only the content of the script Prioritization was requested

  if necessary ('SDK / simple-prefus'). Pref [['somePreference'] == true) {Warning ('prefix') ; }  


attempt 2
I have read in the documentation that some parameters can be read only for content It seemed to work with the script, but when I changed my preferences, the prices were already set. Only if I restart the browser will the correct settings be passed.

  contentScriptOptions: {advertLink: Required ('SDK / Simple-Prefs') Pref [[advertTop]], advertDay: required ('Sdk / simple-prefs'). Prefuss ['advertDay'], advertAdmart: is required ('SDK / Simple-Prefs'). Pref [[advertAdmart]], advertLink: ('sdk / simple-prefs') is required. Prefs ['advertlink']}  
"
" post-text "itemprop =" text ">

You should send new preferences to content scripts every time The priorities have been changed and not only on Script initiality.

You can communicate with the content script through messages:
Create a function that gets changed priority name and value, and a script:

  PageMod.PageMod ({// ... onAttach: function (worker) {worker.port.on ("prefChange", function (prefName, prefValue) {// update page ...}); Forfor variable (prefanem) {Self.port.emit ("prefChange", prefName, is required ("sdk / simple-prefs"). Prefs [prefName]);} ("Sdk / simple-prefs"). (" ", OnPrefChange);}});  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -