amazon web services - elastic ip for ec2 AMI? -


I have just created an EC 2 AMI Linux to host an elastic search setup. I see a public IP allotted for example, but I believe that this is not a static IP

when I have and elastic IPS and gt; Assign new address . It makes one, but then I can not associate it with my EC2 AMI which is running.

Edit Enter image details here

You do not need a static IP For most purposes

It is intended that you CNAME can setup that indicates your AWS host name, which in turn resolves the IP. Your DNS does not include AWS IPS, only CNNS mapping for host names of AWS

To create a CNAME, just go to your DNS provider, login, enter a new CNAME record with the name you want (like "www"), then specify the host name for the AWS as a target .


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -