javascript - Have newer versions of Internet Explorer fixed circular references memory leak? -


I am currently working in a project with Long Expatriate Pages (LLP), about the performance and memory leaks There is a need to worry about After reviewing some people, I have found that this may lead to a memory leak:

  function addHandler () {var el = document.getElementById (' El '); El.onclick = function () {this.style.backgroundColor = 'red'; }; }  

At first I did not understand, but it was easy to get many explanations for it. I have got a more detailed explanation on CodeProject and it is from Douglas Crockford.

Now my question is:

As far as I can understand, this specific leak is a IE-only bug Is it true? And, more important: As long as we do not have a version of Uncle Bill's company from Dear Blue Browser , then should I be worried about this leak?

Edit:

References about reliable final questions are desirable.

Edit # 2:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think using the 'new' standardized interface for events, we get the same problem:

  function addHandler () {var el = document.getElementById ('el'); El.addEventListener ('click', function () {this.style.backgroundColor = 'red';}); }  

Since there is no direct task, I think this solves the problem, however, this API is only IE9 +, I wonder if we have the same problem as libraries fallback Is, such as jQuery:

  var $ el = $ ('.h-el'); $ El.on ('click', function () {// ...});  

I have to say that what this part of the code does on IE8 - there is not enough information about jQuery.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -