Releasing patched Eclipse product -


I am working on Custom Eclipse / CDT based IDE So far, it was a product based on Eclipse / CDT with custom plug-ins, I export it as a product and update site and it works very well.

But now I need to make a small change in one of the CDT plug-ins for this I imported (only) Modified that plug-in from the Eclipse repository in question and amended it. Now, with this plug-in, loaded in my workspace, this version takes precedence over the baseline, but the basic feature of this plug-in still requires a hard-coded version of this plug-in if I use this plug I add a hard-coded version number to my copy of this and then I can export the product, the exported version changes and it works fine but this clearly Sector is the wrong thing (as patch plug-in now for the original). I think I can import more CDT in my workspace and export it all, and this will work without revising the version number. The downside is that users can not use the default eclipse update site to install anything, because they can overwrite the patch version of the plug-in with the release of those without any predecessors?

I've read clear blog-posts on the patch (lack of a feature document, I must say :)). I added the feature patch for this feature and then added my revised plug-in to the list of required plug-ins of this feature patch. I can export the patch feature (plug-in in plug-in in plug-in version and in plug-in and "copy from plug-in and slice manifest" feature patch plug-in).

However I'am is still unable to export its product when I try to export, still wants the original version of the plug-in, which can no longer be found.

In this way, most of the questions I have made: What is the correct way to release the Eclipse product, with slight changes in one of the "base" plug-ins, and still users are normal Are eclipse.org updated sites (for example, to install different products)?

Or the best way to release a product with at least modified base plug-ins?

If a liner is changed, then you might consider using this type of hook in the bytecode The amendment can make necessary amendments through the library (such as ASM). It is not trivial, but when the codes you modified are stable during eclipse releases, they produce very good results. Users can upgrade eclipse and the new plugin will be overridden with no problem.

If you do not want to play with bytes, then the best way is to draw the feature with the modified plug-in in your sources. However, no easy solution to the upgrade problem. Either you upgrade the version of the revised plugin (and disable the eclipse update site) or you override your change.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -