c++ - How do I start MFC with empty project? -


I'm learning about MFCs.

Now I want to develop simple GUI applications, but a problem

First of all, how can I create an empty MFC project? Visual Studio 2013 always gives me a sample project, but I do not want this. I do not want to understand the sample code and edit it. I just want to write myself a simple project code from the hello world.

Secondly, is there any difference in starting with an empty MFC project, which starts with a WIN32 application mode?

Thirdly, I want to develop a program with custom UI design, then I can not use 'dialog-based mode'? Someone has told me that "in the communication-based mode, using custom design is difficult" is it really?

A completely empty MFC project will be in vain for some reason because you have to add back the things which the sample For example, each MFC program has a CW-ed-divide class and usually has any type of main window class (regardless of dialog or frame window). Learning from the framework can be easy when you are already doing some work, which you can edit, instead of knowing how to keep the original pieces from scratch. But by any means, you probably want to get the benefit of a good book to help explain the structure.

A winnower application has set a basic example code which uses only the raw Windows API (which is the creation of MFC and wrapping it on the top). WinAPI is very similar in the box, there are no classes or such things to make life easier, you have to learn how to make them yourself ... or use something like MFC, because it really is - Wrap Windows API to make sections easier.

"Custom UI Design" is a rather ambiguous phrase. Just what all you are trying to adapt? Layout? Colour's? Animation? Fundamental control logic? A dialog based program is one of the simplest types, so if it is not easy to start learning anything with it, but as the customization goes, it really depends on you only what you are doing.

In fact, though, MFC or Windows API itself is not very good, when you want to customize a lot things. Sometimes you have to complete and re-apply more functionality, which you would expect to optimize a small piece. Apart from this, even sticking to stock control and behavior, there is a lot to be desired, such as a good size / layout framework MFC was created long before and for some time these days the GUI framework It has not been extended in some ways to review the needs / needs of the people.

Personally, I have a new and more feature-rich GUI frame in the C ++ world, Qt is a remarkable one. In C #, there are many good things about WPF for me, even if I work in my work throughout MFC all day, I usually do my personal projects in C # / WPF.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -