Equivalent of belongs_to through in rails model -


What do I have to do? My argument is that I do not want to generate too many DB calls while crossing my model structure .

My example in pseudo-format:

  is the producer / machine: In order to get all the people in the factory factory factory, I want to meet those manufacturers, where those manufacturers The factory is: factory  

machines are present

The only way I can think, is to walk through the manufacturer. Machines. The factory, and the factory is saying. People (or people call a representative using the phone), but I call it a call.

Is there any way?

In your manufacturer model you may have these relationships:

  is_mini: machines # You already have one that is: the factories, through: In machines: people, people: factories  

Assume that bob is a manufacturer . Now you can meet all the people in all the factories where machines of Bob are present.

  bob.people  

Note that I have the people model person name Given when I tested it You should try to keep the name of your model as singular possible.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -