tsql - Reorganizing indexes and database size -


I have a fragmentation problem on my production database One of my main data tables is approximately 6 GB (3 GB index) ( Size 9m record) and 94% (!) Index fragmentation.

I know that the restructuring of the indexes will solve this problem but my database

I have read some blog posts about this issue but non answer my situation .

On the SQL Server 2008 R2 Express that is the limit of 10GB databases and my database is already in 8GB size.

My Question 1 : How much size (% or GB) can I expect to increase after reorganizing the indexes in that table?

Question 2 : Drop drop index -> Should the same index take less space? At the moment the time is not the factor for me.

Additional questions: Any other suggestions for database fragmentation? I know that to avoid shrinking like a fire;)

connect to the key column being indexed And by improving the filter, rejecting the requirement of a table scan, a well-maintained index can significantly improve performance.

It is true that GUID creates bad alternatives for indexed columns but this does not mean that you should not make these indexes, ideally a data type of INT or BIGINT will be advised.

Adding NEWID as a default for me () has shown some improvement in opposing index fragmentation, but if all the options fail, then you need to maintain index maintenance (reconstruction, reorganization) of other indexes More often than in comparison. Reorganization requires some workplace, but time is not a matter of concern in your scenario, I will disable the index, remove DB and make index.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -