sql - position of conditional parameters does matter in execution time? -


I have a database table with more than 3.5 million lines, where I am active user ( bit Columns) where the name is in the AR first name column ( nvarchar (100) ).

I have not applied over firstname to an index .

I wrote a question like:

  Select * From the table where isActive = 1 and firstname '% ar%' taken Time: ~ 17s  

and the second one like this:

  Select from the table where the first name '% ar%' and isActive = 1 took the time: ~ 2s  

I do not get what's happening behind the curtain. Can you please tell me how does SQL Server 2008 R2 take it?

When implementing such situations, should I keep in mind the other things?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -