sql server - Querying multiple MS SQL database instances on the same machine -


I'm new to MS SQL and I'm trying to do something that sounds simple but making me crazy is.

I want to write a query to draw data from two databases, each database is a different example on the same DEV machine. (One MS SQL 2008 and other MS SQL 2005). I am using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (MSSMS).

I have basic information. I know the format of the query and what I have to do is my big problem is that what is the name of each server?

  SELECT LastName FROM [servername1] .CHA2.dbo.Customer union selected from last name [servername2] OBXKites.dbo.Contact ORDER BY LastName  

I connect to the server name I MSSMS (DLPT \ HENRY) and whatever @@ Tried the SERVERNAME

  SELECT @ @SERVERNAME DLPT \ Henry  

DLPT \ HENRY. CHA2.dbo.Customer

did not work

I tried it without DLPT Henry.HCLAC

Not worked

I need a future The name of the server to use in the query is NAME.

  [DLPT \ Henry]. The name CHA2.dbo.Customer  

contains a backslash which is usually illegal in the identifier. You are surrounded by illegal names with brackets.

Note that you are only around the server name. In other words, this [DLPT \ Henry]. HHA 2DBO. Customer, [DLPT \ Henry.HCEADODO. Not customer]


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -