c++ - Are Gtk 3.10 widgets backwards compatible? -


I'm not sure this question should be on the Ubuntu site or here. I am posting it here because it is about programming, but it should probably be migrated.

I use gtkmm on the Ubuntu with the defubt GCC tool series, and I'm just upgraded from Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 14.04 LTS, which uses GTK +310.

I have a glade project file that uses Gtk :: TextEntry and Gtk :: SpinButton widgets. When I opened the project in Glade after upgrading from 12.04 LTS, I got this message when I tried to save the glade file. (I did not save the file - I was stuck with the old, so I would not have anything corrupted.)

  [window 1: frame1: box 1: layout1: spin button 3] Placeholder text 'object class' text entry' was introduced in gtk + 3.2 ]  

When I create and run the C ++ project some widgets are not correctly rendered (spin editing / down buttons are unavailable and the location where I am entering the label In it):

Enter image details here

All this was working fine before the upgrade.

In Synaptic I feel that I have now been installed libgtk-3-0 and libgtk-3-0-dev and no more updates are available.

3.10 What is a compatibility problem with 3.2 widgets while running? What is the problem with glade? Did I do something wrong which was holding 3.10 but not 3.2? Why is this happening? How can I fix it? I'm confused as to where / where the problem is.

You should not use the X / Y position GTK + box model to create layout in GTK + based on. You should use GtkGrid to keep those widgets in the grid so that the label and spin buttons are in a grid. By specifying the X / Y positioning, potential issues will appear as you see, if the user changes the font size, or changes the theme, or other such things.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -