Python Unicode Does not support character U+25BE -


A problem was crashing me throughout the day, where Python returns 3.4.1

< P> Unicode encoded error: 'Morap' codec can not encode character '\ u25be' in position 1075: Character map undefined

shows that U + 25 bee is ▾ black below -Small small triangle

I am trying to read the file in which this little boy happens and no matter what I do, it does not work. Code relevant to L:

  full = "" F = open (src, 'r', encoding = 'UTF-8'): full + = l print (entire)  

The print will throw the above error, I have tried to encode it to ASCII:

  l.encode ('ascii', 'ignore')  

And still nothing. Am I unable to decode the wrong file? If it helps, it's also a webpage, and using the urllib.request module gives exact results.

I'm using Windows 7 if it makes a difference. / P>

I think you are printing on the Windows console in the Windows console UTF-8 (and for this Bad support) is not the default, but you can change the code page and try again:

  C: \ & gt; Chcp 65001active code page: 65001C: Python 3.3.0 (v3.3.0: bd8afb90ebf2, Sep 29 2012, 10:57:17) [MSC v.1600 64bit (AMD64)] win32 type "help", For more information on "Copyright" "Credit" or "License" & Gt; & Gt; & Gt; Print ('\ u25be') ▾ & gt; & Gt; & Gt; Import Unododedata as UD & gt; & Gt; US using  Consolas  console English displays the correct letter for me on Windows I ud.name ('\ u25be') 'Black Down-Pointing Bloom Triangle'  

font, but Lucida Console Or raster fonts not fonts. Make sure the font you are using supports the character.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

sqlite3 - UPDATE a table from the SELECT of another one -

c# - Showing a SelectedItem's Property -

javascript - Render HTML after each iteration in loop -